Cheesy Everything Bagel Bake
3 tbsp butter
1 medium yellow onion – minced
5 cloves of garlic – minced
3 tbsp whole wheat flour*
2 cups milk
½ tsp ground black pepper
4 oz cream cheese
5 tbsp everything bagel seasoning
2 cups parmesan cheese – shredded, divided
2 imPASTA! rings – shredded and squeeze to remove excess moisture
Everything Bagel Seasoning:
Minced dried garlic
Minced dried onion
*substitute cassava or rice flour to make this recipe gluten-free!
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and set out a 9 x 9 casserole dish.
2. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onions until soft.
3. Once onions are soft, add garlic and flour. Whisk quickly to make a roux.
4. Whisk in milk and black pepper. Once combined, add cream cheese until melted in.
5. Stir in 3 tbsp of the everything bagel seasoning and 1 cup of shredded parmesan until well combined.
6. Using tongs, mix sauce with imPASTA! and place the mixture in a casserole dish.
7. Top with remaining cup of shredded parmesan and everything bagel seasoning.
8. Bake covered for 40-50 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10-20 minutes, or until the top forms a crust. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts per side serving: Calories 277, Fat 18g, Fiber 2g, Total Carbohydrates 20g, Sugar 7g.