imPASTA! Pizza Crust
2 imPASTA! rings, with as much moisture squeezed out as possible- VERY IMPORTANT
2 tbsp rice flour
1 large egg – beaten
¼ cup parmesan cheese – shredded
½ tsp salt
½ tsp oregano
¼ tsp ground black pepper
When you squeeze the imPASTA! rings and you think all the water is out, squeeze it again! You won’t believe how much still comes out. This will give you the best possible outcome. Lay out spaghetti squash on paper towels on the counter and let the squash air dry while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare a baking sheet covered with a piece of parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray or brush with oil.
2. Mix spaghetti squash, rice flour, beaten egg, parmesan cheese, salt, oregano, and black pepper in a bowl until well combined. The mixture will be tacky and pretty wet but not watery in the bowl. If it is, add more rice flour (or other gluten-free flour of your choice).
3. Place the mixture onto the baking sheet and with damp hands, spread the spaghetti squash mixture into a 12-14” circle. For a crispier crust, make thinner.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the crust’s edges are golden brown. The crust should be firm, and the bottom should also be browned.
5. Top with your favorite pizza toppings and bake for another 5 minutes until your cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts per serving: Calories 94, Fat 4g, Fiber 2g, Total Carbohydrates 12g, Sugar 3g