imPASTA! Pad Thai
2 imPASTA! rings – shredded
3 tbsp any oil of your choice
4 cloves garlic – minced
8 oz uncooked shrimp, chicken or extra firm tofu*, cut into small pieces (optional)
1 cup bean sprouts
1 red bell pepper – thinly sliced
¼ yellow onion – thinly sliced
3 green onions – chopped
½ cup dry roasted peanuts
2 limes – cut into wedges
½ cup fresh cilantro – chopped
For the sauce:
3 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (tamari for gluten-free*)
5 tbsp light brown sugar (stevia for keto/paleo*)
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp Sriracha
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter – optional
1. Mix the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
2. Heat half the oil in a large pan or wok over med-high heat. Add the protein (if any), garlic, onion and pepper.
3. Cook until just cooked through and then set aside.
4. Add the rest of the oil. Add the beaten eggs and break up as it cooks.
5. Add bean sprouts, sauce, spaghetti squash and peanuts to the pan.
6. Toss everything and then plate. Serve hot with green onions, peanuts, cilantro and a lime wedge.
Nutrition Facts per serving: Calories 457, Fat 29g, Fiber 7g, Total Carbohydrates 38g, Sugar 9g