imPASTA! Galette with Mushrooms and Leeks
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 sticks cold unsalted butter – cut into ½” cubes
1 tsp dried crushed sage
1 tsp fine sea salt
8-12 tbsp ice cold water
1 egg – lightly beaten
2 imPASTA! rings – shredded and squeezed to remove excess moisture
½ tsp dried thyme
½ tsp dried parsley
2 garlic cloves – minced
1 ½ cups leeks – cleaned & sliced
2-4 tbsp olive oil
1 cup mushrooms – chopped (any variety works: Button, Baby Bella, Oyster, Slippery Jack, etc.)
¼ cup Parmesan – shredded
Kosher salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. Prepare the dough by pulsing the flour, butter, sage and salt in a food processor until it resembles a coarse meal. Drizzle ice water evenly over mixture and pulse until it just forms a ball, being careful as to not overwork the dough. Gently press dough into 5” thick disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. (You can leave the dough in the fridge overnight too.)
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
3. In a large bowl, toss shredded imPASTA! with the salt, thyme, parsley, garlic and 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
4. Heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium size skillet over medium-high heat. Add the leeks and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Add mushrooms stirring occasionally until leeks and mushrooms are tender and lightly caramelized, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
5. Roll out your dough into a 13” round on a lightly floured surface. Transfer the dough to a baking sheet.
6. Toss the squash in a bowl with the leeks, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese.
7. Layer the squash mixture onto the rolled-out dough, leaving a 2“ border. Fold the pastry edge up and over part of the veggies to create a 1ó” border, pleating dough as necessary. Brush the dough with the beaten egg and bake in the oven until the crust is fully cooked and golden brown, about 35-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the galette cool slightly before slicing and serving.